Creating a Corrected Bite Without Headgear
The Carriere Distalizer is a special orthodontic device, which has been developed to correct a bite. The device helps correct the problem of incorrectly erupting teeth without the removal of permanent teeth.
Its overall effect is similar to a headgear but it does not employ the usage of a bulky appliance. It pushes the upper teeth backwards in order to create a corrected bite prior to the addition of braces.
How does the Carriere Distalizer work?
- First, your orthodontist will create an anchor point. This point is created through a lower Essex device, mini screws, a passive lingual arch or a full mandibular fixed appliance.
- The Carriere Distalizer is then attached to the upper teeth on both sides of the mouth.
- Then, an elastic band is attached from the upper bar to the lower back molars. This has to be worn throughout the day, except when you are eating.
- With regular elastic wear, your bite will be corrected in a matter of a few months, depending upon the overall severity of your case.
- After the removal of the Carrier Distalizer arms, you will be required to wear upper braces. These will further correct your bite and align your teeth to a perfectly straight and ideal position giving you the confident smile you have been dreaming of!